- Location Head Office
- Responsible to Commercial Manager
- Closing date 20 Jun 2020
- Hours 38
You will play a key role in Mechanical & Electrical disciplines of building construction projects. Managing the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond and you will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of mechanical projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- Experience & KnowledgeEssentialInterpersonal Skills – Clear and Concise communicator with a positive demeanour. Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Skilled with Team members and external Clients etc.Desirable
- Tenacity – ability to stay with a problem or line of thought until the matter is settled or the objective is no longer reasonably obtainable; perseverance.
- Ownership – Takes on responsibility for delivery of work tasks/ projects. Takes pride in achievement.
- Decisiveness – readiness to evaluate alternatives, make decisions and judgements, and to take action.
- Planned and organised – Establish and efficient course of action for self and for others that will allow attainment of deadlines and goals. Establish sense of urgency.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to draw sound inferences from facts, recognise assumptions, discriminate between strong and weak arguments, reason logically, become aware of advantages and disadvantages of proposed action.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Detail Handling – Tolerance for and ability to handle the details for the paperwork associated with the job.
- Initiative – Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting; sees opportunities and acts on them. Originates action or ideas.
- Key Experience and QualificationsEssentialThird Level qualification in Quantity Surveying.Desirable
- Working toward or have achieved Chartered status with RICS, CIOB or ICES.
- 5 years post qualification experience in a surveying role, preferably within a building construction environment.
- Exceptional IT literacy including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as cost value reporting procedures.
- Experience in the JCT form of contract administration from a client and Sub-Contractor perspective.
- Commercial awareness and astute sense of commercial risks posed.