- Location Head Office
- Responsible to Commercial Manager
- Closing date 07 May 2021
- Hours 38 Hours
You will play a key role in Mechanical & Electrical disciplines of building construction projects. Managing the costs from the early design plans, through to the Practical Completion & beyond and you will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of mechanical projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of mechanical projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and changes.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Report to Commercial Manager & Managing Director.
- Review and approve contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions, and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- QualificationEssentialThird level qualification in Quantity Surveying.Desirable
- Working toward or qualified with RICS, CIOB or ICES
- Experience & KnowledgeEssential3 years post qualification experience in a surveying role, preferably within a building construction environment.Desirable5 years post qualification experience in a surveying role, preferably within a building construction environment.
- Exceptional IT literacy including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as cost value reporting procedures.
- Experience in the JCT form of contract administration from a client and Sub-Contractor perspective.
- Commercial awareness and astute sense of commercial risks posed.
- Abilities & Skills:EssentialDesirable
- Interpersonal SkillsEssentialClear and Concise communicator with a positive demeanor. Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Skilled with Team members and external Clients etc.Desirable
- TenacityEssentialAbility to stay with a problem or line of thought until the matter is settled or the objective is no longer reasonably obtainable; perseverance.Desirable
- OwnershipEssentialTakes on responsibility for delivery of work tasks/ projects. Takes pride in achievement.Desirable
- DecisivenessEssentialReadiness to evaluate alternatives, make decisions and judgements, and to take action.Desirable
- Critical ThinkingEssentialAbility to draw sound inferences from facts, recognise assumptions, discriminate between strong and weak arguments, reason logically, become aware of advantages and disadvantages of proposed action.Desirable
- Detail HandlingEssentialTolerance for and ability to handle the details for the paperwork associated with the job.Desirable
- InitiativeEssentialActively influencing events rather than passively accepting; sees opportunities and acts on them. Originates action or ideas.Desirable
- Proven RecordEssentialProven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.Desirable
- Planned and OrganisedEssentialEstablish an efficient course of action for self and for others that will allow attainment of deadlines and goals. Establish sense of urgency.Desirable