- Location Glasgow
- Responsible to BIM Manager
- Closing date 15 Apr 2021
- Hours 38 Hours per week, Mon – Thurs 8am – 5pm; Fri 8am – 3pm
Kane Group are a successful building services company based in Banbridge, Northern Ireland – we are a forward-thinking company who have grown steadily over recent years.
We have recently expanded our Glasgow Office and are looking to add an experienced Revit Technician.
Reporting to the BIM Manager, you will be a key member in a multidisciplinary and versatile design team. Your skills will be instrumental in delivering high quality Building Information Models using MEP Revit to support the Mechanical and Electrical design on a range of diverse projects within high end Residential, Education, and Commercial sectors.
- Support the BIM process with projects across the Banbridge office.
- Acting as BIM Co-ordinator for multiple projects.
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work, and consider ways of improving work processes.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with Kane Group procedures and standards including all BIM documentation.
- Development and standardisation of Kane Group BIM library.
- Creation of Revit families as required for projects.
- Assist with Information Management Tasks across projects.
- Assist with BIM Management and BIM Coordination tasks.
- QA/QC on BIM projects.
- Experience & KnowledgeEssential3 to 5 years experience minimumDesirablePossess a suitable qualification within a related discipline related to the CAD / BIM role and have a proven work background within this role or similar
- Proficient in use of REVIT MEP to create coordinated HVAC systemsExperience in the use of Dynamo
- Strong communication and team skillsExperience with coordination of underground services
- Strong knowledge of BIM methodologies and UK BIM standards
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in the use of Revit including Revit family creation skills with a focus in parametric design
- Good Autocad skills
- Abilities & SkillsEssentialDemonstrate ability to provide BIM/CAD production to cover project requirements for Design and constructionDesirable
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload. Developed problem solving skills, including the ability to manage conflicting work demands
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise and advise staff at all levels
- Can deliver high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with good presentation and interpersonal skills
- To be flexible and work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Must be very ‘hands on’ with can do attitude