Senior Document Controller
- Location Head Office
- Responsible to Document Control Manager
- Closing date 12 May 2021
- Hours 38 Hours per Week
In this position you will play a key role in providing Document Control/Administration for Mechanical & Electrical Projects. Full in-house training will be given.
- Process a large number of documents daily, including uploading & downloading drawings / documents and printing for distribution.
- Maintain accurate document record logs of all drawings and documents issued by all parties at each stage of a project.
- General administration of project documents.
- Perform weekly checks to ensure all project documents are kept up-to-date.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and staff.
- Report to the Document Control Manager on a daily basis.
- Implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- QualificationEssential5 GCSE’s or equivalent to include English and Maths.DesirableKnowledge of Building services documentation systems.
- Experience & KnowledgeEssentialMinimum of 5 years of proven experience in an administration Document Control roleDesirableMinimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar document control role
- Highly IT literate and proficient in the use of MS office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Build control systems (4P, Aconex)
- Abilities & SkillsEssentialStrong time management and excellent organization skills are essential, underpinned by an attention to detailDesirable
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to liaise and advise staff at all levels, both in written and verbal
- To be flexible and work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with a varied portfolio of work, progressing them with reduced supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Adaptable and quick thinking